All employers operating on Tribal Lands are required to provide preference in employment and contracting to Tribal members and other Native Americans.
The following are some of the major provisions and requirements found in the Mashpee Wampanoag TERO Ordinance:
- Vendors need to submit and negotiate a detailed TERO compliance plan.
- Vendors must consider qualified Tribal members and other Native American applicants before hiring Non-Native American workers.
- Vendors must eliminate all extraneous job qualification criteria or personnel requirements which may act as a barrier to Tribal employment.
- All Vendors who have collective bargaining agreements with one or more unions must secure written agreement from their unions indicating that they will comply with TERO.
- Vendors must treat Tribal member and other Native American workers in the same manner as other employees.