There continues to be multiple scams circulating that are meant to scare and confuse you into giving out personal information.
- Remember you don’t have to answer the telephone.
- If you don’t recognize a telephone number, don’t answer it.
- If you do answer, NEVER give out your personal information.
- Don’t open emails from senders you DO NOT know.
- Always confirm with a utility company (or other) by contacting the number on your bill if there is a question of cancellation or past due funds.
Below are some helpful numbers:
Attorney General’s Office at 617-727-8400 to notify them of a scam.
Federal Trade Commission at 877 382 4357 to file ID theft report
As always please do not hesitate to contact the Mashpee Police Department with any questions or concerns regarding a call.
Any questions please contact Special Officer and Advocate Tara Carline at 508-539-1480 ext 7253