Now that winter has officially arrived, the Mashpee Wampanoag Tribe Emergency Management Department would like to share the importance of making sure that you are prepared for cold and inclement weather while on the road by having the right equipment and materials in your vehicle. This can help you rescue yourself and others, or allow you to safely remain in place if help cannot arrive immediately.
- First-aid kit with up-to-date medications
- A shovel
- An ice scraper/small broom
- Cat litter or sand for better traction
- Jumper cables
- An AM/FM radio (battery or crank-operated)
- Emergency flares and/or reflective triangles
- Blankets and/or a sleeping bag
- Rope/tow chain
- Flashlights and batteries
- Snack foods and water
Keeping your car properly equipped and in top condition will reduce the risk of a serious winter weather-related incident on the road, as well as leave you better prepared to handle any emergencies that arise.
For more information or advice on winter preparedness, please contact the Mashpee Wampanoag Tribe Emergency Management Director Nelson Andrews Jr. at (508) 477-5800 ext. 15 or at email@example.com. You may also contact Emergency Preparedness Specialist Allyssa Hathaway at (508) 477-5800 ext. 13 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.