Down Payment and Closing Cost Assistance
Our Mission is to provide quality housing on ancestral lands, a place appointed to us by our creator, and to encourage self-determination and economic independence class all tribal members.
Any misstatements or omissions in this application may result in disqualification of housing assistance. Further, if assistance is provided, you may be required to repay all program monies expended on your behalf if such misrepresentations are discovered at a later date. All questions must be answered
483 Great Neck Road South
Mashpee, MA, 02649
down payment and closing cost Assistance Guidelines
1. Applicants must be a member of the Mashpee Wampanoag Tribe or a member of another Federally Recognized Tribe residing in the service area of the Mashpee Wampanoag Tribe, which includes the following five (5) Massachusetts counties: Barnstable, Bristol, Plymouth, Norfolk, and Suffolk.
2. Applicants must meet all income and eligibility requirements of HUD and the Mashpee Wampanoag Housing Department. The family income cannot exceed 80 percent of the median income for the County.
3. Financial assistance cannot be provided if a family is paying over 50% of the gross income for the mortgage.
4. All household members must provide a social security card and Tribal ID (if applicable).
5. All household members 18 and over must provide current income documentation and sign a release of information form authorizing the Housing Department to speak and obtain information from any source necessary for the purpose of providing assistance. If you have received service within the last 24 (twenty-four) months, you are not eligible for additional services.
6. If you have received service within the last 24 (twenty-four) months, you are not eligible for additional services.
7. Applicants must be able to demonstrate the ability to pay the mortgage forward prior to financial assistance approval.
8. The maximum funds for down payment and/or closing cost available is 2% of the approved mortgage up to a maximum of $5,000.00.
Please note: All documentation must be received within 60 days of the original intake; otherwise the application will be deemed incomplete and will be procedurally denied. If for any reason the applicant is denied financial assistance, the applicant may appeal the Department’s decision to the Board of Commissioners within ten (10) days from the date of denial.