Powwow Craft Vendor Application, Rules & Regulations
The Mashpee Wampanoag Powwow Committee is accepting craft vendor applications by invite only for the MWT Annual Powwow. The Committee reserves the right to provide you a space on an as needed basis.
To ensure vendors adhere to all rules and regulations established by the Mashpee Wampanoag Powwow Committee and all federal, state and local laws regarding food prep and sale, the attached vendor contract must be signed and returned by the specified deadline above accompanied by all supporting documentation.
If you have any questions, please send an email to Powwow@mwtribe-NSN.gov.
IF YOU FAIL TO ADHERE TO THE DEADLINES, YOU WILL FORFEIT YOUR SPOT
Date: July 6-8, 2018
Location: Mashpee Wampanoag Tribe Community and Government Center | 483 Great Neck Road South | Mashpee, MA 02649
Deposit Due: Friday, April 20, 2018 by 4:00 p.m. $250
Balance Due: Friday, May 11, 2018 by 4:00 p.m. $250 (10x20)
RV: Additional $ 150 for RV’s larger than 24ft.
Cash and Personal Checks are not accepted. PAYMENTS ARE NONREFUNDABLE
Space is limited! We recommend you send your application and payment in advance to guarantee placement.
RV space is very limited and will be considered on a first come, first serve basis
The Mashpee Wampanoag Powwow Committee is accepting craft vendor applications by invite only for the MWT Annual Powwow. To ensure vendors adhere to all rules and regulations established by the Mashpee Wampanoag Powwow Committee and all federal, state and local laws regarding the sale of Native American crafts, the attached vendor contract must be signed and returned. Below is a list of documentation vendors must submit for consideration:
- Complete application (See Below)
- Money order / certified bank check made payable to: The Mashpee Wampanoag Tribe, 483 Great Neck Road South, Mashpee, MA 02649 Attention: Powwow Committee
- Description of your crafts
- Proof of Tribal Affiliation
- State / Federally recognized tribe/band
- Notarized letter from your tribal membership committee on tribal letterhead
Craft Vendor Application (Mashpee Wampanoag Only)
- Vendors are welcome to set up Wednesday, July 4, 2018 after 12 noon.
- All vendors agree to check in with the Pow Wow Committee by 6:30p.m. on the day prior to the scheduled date of the Pow Wow and check out by noon the following day after Pow Wow.
- All vendors must be set up and ready for business by 9a.m each day
- The Mashpee Wampanoag Tribal Council reserves the right to see any commemorative items, and secure its exclusive right to the name Mashpee Wampanoag Tribe, Tribal Powwow and inclusive of date and/or logo and any combination of the aforementioned.
- To ensure that only quality authentic Native American crafts are sold or exhibited, the following are prohibited:
- The sale or display of ceremonial/sacred feathers, including but not limited to Eagle, Hawk and Owl
- Any stereotypical items such as rubber spears, tomahawks, colored feathers; i.e. items that are mass products or quasi-Indian crafts
- Items that can prove unsafe in a crowded venue such as sling shots, bullwhips and/or bow & arrows
- The Pow Wow Committee reserves the right to remove any items considered to be offensive, stereotypical or dangerous. Refusal to abide by this demand will be considered breach of contract and will result in immediate closure of the stand and the vendor will be escorted off the Powwow grounds.
- All stands must be manned by Native Americans. The contracted vendor must be present at all times and may not sublet their space.
- Vendors will keep their stands and the surrounding area free of debris at all times and are solely responsible for cleaning their area prior to leaving the Pow Wow grounds. Vendors violating this rule will not be invited back to future Pow Wows
- Vendor stands must be no larger than 10 X 20 feet
- A donation will be collected for all vendors as your gift to the newly crowned Pow Wow Princess. A Pow Wow Committee member will identify themselves when you sign in prior to setting up your stand and will be the only person collecting from you for this purpose. Solicitation by any other person(s) is prohibited. We thank you in advance for your generosity.
- Craft vendors agree to comply with Indian Arts and Crafts Act of 1990 with respect to the labeling of Native American products. No imitation or imported Native American Arts and Crafts are allowed. NO EXCEPTIONS. If imitation and / or imported items are found during a random stand inspection, you will be asked to take such items off display and jeopardized your opportunity to return.
- The Mashpee Wampanoag Tribe is not responsible for lost, stolen and/or damaged items before, during and after the event.
- Be advised that this contract is not valid unless signed by the Mashpee Powwow Committee or designee.